Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit’s Skill Building Program provides a diverse array of services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Assisting participants with developing and strengthening their functional independence in the areas of community integration, communication, socialization, daily living, and employment is the main goal. These services are based on each participant’s unique individualized plan of service.
- Person must be a resident of Wayne County.
- Person must be at least 18 years old with a developmental disability.
- Person must have basic verbal, manual or assisted communication skills.
- Person must have the ability perform basic self-care skills by themselves.
- Person must be able to function in a classroom or community based activity on their own.
- Person must have access to transportation to and from Goodwill.
- Person must be able to get around within the 2-story building on their own.
- Person must be willing to achieve goals and objectives. These goals and objectives will lead to community placement.
- Person must get along with others. They cannot require continued separation from others, physical intervention or one-on-one supervision.
Skill Building is funded by Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN).
Get In Touch
Manager, Skill Building Services Detroit