Mission of the award: This award is created to recognize individuals and/or organizations that reflect Goodwill’s mission of “co-creating independence and dignity through personal and workforce development” in the Metro Detroit community. This individual must also exhibit a majority of the criteria listed below:
- Prioritizes people first in their mission and/or operations
- Gives back to the community either in time or funding
- Helps create job training and jobs for Metro Detroiters
- Has contributed to the revitalization of Detroit
- Gives a voice to the marginalized (including at least one of the following: returning citizens, individuals with disabilities, individuals living with low wage and or in poverty)
- Is dedicated to philanthropy and/or advocating community needs
Nominations due by Friday March 20th, 2020
*This award will be given at the dinner reception following the golf classic.
Goodwill Award Nomination
Real people. Real stories. Real Impact.
That’s what I do every day. Give people a second chance.A mistake should not define what person you can be.
Elizabeth really helped me beyond the job interview. She checks up on you. She’s a huge supporter.
I was blessed to be assisted by Goodwill to better myself. They offer help that really matters in real life and help put people back on the right track.