SERVICES TO EMPLOYERS
Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit has a long history of facilitating successful job placements in a variety of businesses. These positions are in a wide range of fields, including:
• Food Service
• General Labor
• Hospitality Services
Goodwill’s experienced staff is able to assess an individual’s abilities and make an appropriate job match. In addition, a Goodwill staff representative is accessible and responsive to the employer’s needs.
Employment Follow-up/Retention Services
Those who gain employment are provided ongoing assistance from Goodwill Industries. Guidance and supports are provided to assist an individual in maintaining his/her job. The staff has access to a wealth of community resource information. By linking the job seeker with these resources, job seekers can overcome barriers that may affect their employment success. Examples of the supports provided include assistance with transportation arrangements, childcare referrals, work attire, etc.
Goodwill’s staff provide ADA (American with Disabilities Act) Consultation services to employers to assist in:
• Reducing/preventing work-related injuries
• Broadening their labor market
• Achieving compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act regulations
Goodwill is available to train employers and their employees in the practice of safe and effective work methods, the identification of potential barriers and support systems, and the development of compensatory strategies, adaptations and accommodations.
Business Advisory Council
The Business Advisory Council (BAC) is an active partner with Goodwill’s Within Reach Program that serves individuals who have been chronically unemployed. The interests of the business community are represented through the BAC, which is comprised of leaders representing a variety of service and industrial businesses. The goal of the Business Advisory Council is to provide the Goodwill Program participants the opportunities and guidance necessary to own positive work skills and work ethics that the business community would rate as ideal potential employees.
The BAC voluntarily performs the following responsibilities:
• Assess occupational needs of the community
• Guides the program curricula
• Recruits potential program participants
• Provides transitional / internship employment opportunities for program participants
• Assists with identifying employment opportunities
• Identifies resources in the community that may assist the participants with barriers to employment
• Monitors the program for continuous quality improvement
• Arranges site visits to potential employers
• Provides speakers for program participants
Goodwill’s Business Advisory Council Members are:
- Charter One Bank
- Greektown Casino & Hotel
- Henry Ford Health System
- Huntington Bank
- Kelly Services
- MotorCity Casino & Hotel
- Oakwood Hospital
- Premier Staff Finders
- Presbyterian Villages of Michigan
- Snelling Staffing Services
- Special Tree
- Team Mental Health Services.