Services for Employers
Provided at their request, and at no cost, to support economic/workforce development efforts.
These services include:
- Finding qualified workers
- Labor exchange using the Michigan Talent Bank
- Interview facilities at our One Stop Centers;
- Delivery of local and national Labor Market Information (LMI);
- Information regarding consultations on workplace accommodations for persons with disabilities;
- Development of training programs for Incumbent Workers;
- Rapid response to mass layoffs and plant closings;
- Information about training incentives such as on-the-job training programs
- State and/or federally generated information on tax credits for new hires.
Goodwill operates three of Oakland Counties Michigan Works! 9 One Stop centers. The Centers are open to everyone interested in finding a worker, finding a job, or getting career business information. The One Stop Center Is a customer focused workforce development system that prepares people for work! We have two customers: Employers, who are provided with a supply of skilled workers. Individuals/Job Seekers, who are provided with an opportunity to advance knowledge and skills to achieve economic self-sufficiency.